DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES - BURNABY
Earth's Own Food Company Inc. is a pioneering healthy food and beverage company dedicated to nutritional innovation and sustainability in order to actively improve people's lives and wellbeing. With a product line-up that includes leading healthy beverage brands Almond Fresh, So Good, So Nice, and Happy Planet, Earth's Own Food Company is devoted to developing great tasting wholesome products that are good for our consumers, their families, the community and the planet.
We are looking for a Director, Human Resources to work with the senior management team to develop the company culture and set strategic direction as well as oversee operational HR functions to ensure they support Best Practices. The Director will act in an advisory capacity for the HR function of subsidiaries and works with them to ensure policies, procedures and best practices of subsidiaries support the Group HR Strategy.
- Ensures Core Values are understood and embraced throughout the organization.
- Implements human resources strategies, initiatives and programs that effectively support overall company vision.
- Manages recruitment, selection and retention of high quality people throughout the company.
- Develops, recommends, communicates and implements human resources policies and programs that meet operational and employee needs.
- Ensures compliance with legislation and consistent and fair application of policies and procedures.
- Provides an effective and ongoing training program.
- Coordinates the performance management process.
- Leads integration of new employees through acquisitions and ensures corporate vision is developed.
- Develops and maintains effective compensation and benefits policies and programs. Ensures that monetary and non-monetary compensation is competitive with the marketplace and internal equity is achieved.
- Participates on Safety Committee.
- Provides a source of confidential guidance and counsel to managers and staff concerning policies, practices, performance and conflict resolution.
- Remains current on HR industry developments and makes recommendations to management.
- Provides leadership to HR staff in subsidiaries.
- Hires, trains and reviews staff.
- Education: Degree in business, specializing in HR preferred
- Experience: 7 to 8 years’ experience in mid to senior management positions, with prior experience in the field of Human Resources/Organizational Development at a senior level
- Strong technical skills in HR management, including Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits, Organizational Development, Training, and Personnel Administration
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with proven skills in building and sustaining a strong working environment
- Ability to establish effective relationships at all levels in the organization is critical
- Outstanding presentation skills, both written and oral, are required as are strong group process and facilitation skills
- Willingness to travel
Send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting HRDEO-IN in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please, no phone calls or agencies.