Be real. Or adventurous. Or both.
At Hardbite, we craft great tasting natural snacks that inspire people to go beyond. As our company has grown, so have our product lines… yet our passion for quality has never wavered. We need team members who share our passion for high quality, all natural, and adventurous snacks.
The 5 words that best describe us are:
We know that’s six, but we also like to push limits and go beyond expectations.
We’re independently owned & operated… and proudly Canadian to boot.
The Director of Sales is a key leadership position for the company and is accountable for building the brand and driving company revenue in multiple channels and regions. We are looking for a self-starting professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in business development as well as a proven ability to build great teams.
- Partner closely with President to develop strategic vision, sales strategies and objectives, financial budgets, and forecasts for all channels and regions
- Take direct ownership on building relationships and driving execution at key accounts, and of business development efforts
- Oversee all aspects of sales forecasting, planning and execution
- Maintain and/or increase profitable sales growth against assigned budgets and plans
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/exceed sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base through new and expanded distribution opportunities
- Conduct weekly/monthly sales activity and sales pipeline reporting
- Manage promotional pricing, distributor impact, account specific events
- Understand and align brand strategies with account plans
- Provide input on account capabilities to marketing in the development of brand and account strategies
- Execute promotional plans within budget
- Analyze available data to understand trends at the account level
- Direct brokers, and distributors on account priorities and account specific projects
- Work with marketing to develop promotional programs at the customer to drive short- and long-term growth
- Represent NHGF at trade shows and trade association meetings to promote products and seek new business
- Work as part of a team providing input for the development of company goals and objectives
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in sales, marketing, business development roles in fast-growing consumer brand industry
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong existing relationship with major chain retailers
- Must be a team player and able to work autonomously
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support aggressive business and brand growth
- Strong balance between analytical aptitude and visionary innovation; someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced and high-growth-stage environment preferred
- Proven track record of working effectively with marketing teams to deliver on company goals
- Able to effectively manage margin and ROI on market spends
- Proven track record of growing sales in Retail, Club, Mass, Drug and Foodservice channels
- Demonstrated ability to build great teams and build consensus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings (including weekends as needed)
We offer a competitive salary and every position at Hardbite comes with benefits, including full extended health and dental coverage and, of course, chips!
Come join our team and explore what’s real!
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to learn more about who we are!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, specifying why you are interested in the role and your salary expectations, to email@example.com