In September of 2019, Plenty & Grace Co. Ltd. began building Phase I of a Food Processing Hub & Innovation Centre in Campbell Heights on the Langley/Surrey border. The premises will be a place for innovation and creation – a CFIA (HACCP) certified facility for the specialty food and agri-food sector in the Fraser Valley, producing an assortment of plant-based value-added products.
The Plenty & Grace Food Hub and Innovation Centre (FHIC) will also create opportunities for the region’s small to medium producers to reach their full food processing potential, increase their capacity and meet and exceed food safety standards required by new markets, while still maintaining their unique artisanal quality.
Plenty & Grace is seeking a Food Hub Operations Manager to join our team. This exciting and key role reports to the President, is a member of the Leadership Team and contributes to the overall strategy and direction of the FHIC. The Food Hub Operations Manager will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to Production, Quality Assurance, Warehouse and Purchasing for the company. The role also includes maintaining equipment, supervising clients' use of the facility, setting and maintaining health & safety standards, managing production support & cleaning staff.
Skills & Qualifications
• Food Manufacturing experience
- Familiar with all food safety and government regulations pertaining to food manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing Workplace Health & Safety
- Quality assurance/quality control and exposure to R&D
• Facility Management experience
- Co-ordination of building & food production equipment maintenance
- Warehousing logistics
• Management experience and skillset
- Minimum 3 years of related management/operations/supervisor and food production industry or relevant experience
- Managing multiple departments at once o Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking
- Team orientated with mentorship attitude
- College or university graduate with certificate or diploma in food processing, operation management, or related fields
- Formal training in supply chain, food safety, and lean is a bonus
- Handle safety and health with the same importance as productivity and quality control, and to maintain a clean, safe and healthy working environment
- Ensure each employee is adequately trained in the safe performance of their duties through orientation, proper job training and instruction, and that only authorized, properly trained employees operate machinery or equipment
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are carried out to prevent the development of hazardous working conditions
- Carry out regular inspections of work areas to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and posts safety notices where required
- Ensure all equipment safety and security procedures are adhered to
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds WCB regulations and requirements
- Provide feedback and suggestions to president in regards to safety and security
- Oversee scheduling, labour usage and production reporting
- Train staff to ensure they have a thorough understanding of good manufacturing practices,
- standard operating procedures and company policy
- Critically analyze tasks, procedures, policy, guidelines to identify where improvements can be
- made and ensure that the process is carried through to implementation
- Monitor costs and variances; help develop various reports and implement changes to realize
- improved cost efficiencies
- Reduce costs by optimizing current operations and resources, improving methods and equipment
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure the highest quality standards are met, making sure
- that all certifications maintained according to highest standards
- Work with the warehouse team, focusing on best practices and procedures for FIFO of inventory and perfect fill rate; ensure warehouse processes and standards are continually reviewed and enhanced; ensure timely and cost-effective logistics deliveries
- Investigate any discrepancy in inventory and prepare and co-ordinate month-end inventory count of raw/finished goods
- Work with the purchaser to adequate inventory available to production, while balancing inventory turns
Compensation: Salary plus benefits package – dependent on relevant experience.
Anticipated Start Date: June 2020
Please submit resume and cover letter to Lee Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2020.