MAINTENANCE MANAGER – FULL TIME
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This Maintenance Manager position will be for a brand-new manufacturing facility in Delta, BC. The Maintenance Manager role will be responsible for the hands-on management of electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, physical plant, and utilities in accordance with provincial and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
We are seeking a Maintenance leader who does not mind getting dirty and who enjoys spending time on the production floor every day assisting and managing people.
This unique Maintenance Manager position provides an ideal opportunity for a hands-on technical individual to grow their career by being a part of an operation, from the point of construction, where they can be sure to have significant impact on a successful plant.
- Directs the operations and maintenance of all machinery to provide uninterrupted services
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees
- Identifies training requirements for maintenance team members, sets schedules and provides resources to conduct required training
- Promotes positive employee relations climate by maintaining open communications with maintenance team and practicing effective conflict resolution
- Takes the lead in maintaining and developing compliance with the HACCP plan, GMP’s, SOP’s and procedures within the Maintenance department
- Communicates with Plant Manager regarding any problems and/or unusual situations
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalency, Millwright or Electrician certificate with experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory position within food manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as planning and organization skills
- Experience in developing functioning maintenance systems
- Demonstrated project management experience and successful completion of projects an asset
- Self-starter, team player and an active listener
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word)
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Regular work hours are Mondays to Fridays, 9:00m to 6:00 pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Flexible work hours to meet Production requirements
- On call (Answer internal inquiries after work as required)
- 75% of the time working in the production plant (repairs / maintenance / projects) and 25% of time working in an office environment
- Light lifting
- Exposed to loud noise; need to wear hearing protection when working in the production areas
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.