Permanent Full Time
A fast-paced growing company is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to oversee the production by ensuring high quality products are produced in accordance with all quality and operating standards.
- Lead by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times in the manufacturing environment
- Through the utilisation of Lean manufacturing techniques, strive to exceed the Company targets in productivity, efficiency and quality on a continuous basis
- Conduct daily huddles or meetings to ensure alignment on priorities and performance expectations and improve communication and clarity
- Ensure manufacturing team consistently adheres to company quality control procedures. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times
- Prepare weekly reports to identify areas of opportunity in productivity, efficiency and quality
- Conduct regular inspections of the manufacturing areas, production operations and batch records.
- Report and resolve machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians
- Perform general maintenance of machinery; assembly and disassembly, and cleaning.
- Ensure and maintain a high level of sanitation, food safety, and safe working environment
- Responsible for bulk palletize and MRF related return/close function with warehouse department
- Provide hands-on relief in day to day operations, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Monitor and evaluate daily performance of the team to Key Performance Index (KPI) metrics
- Drive performance of team members, giving direction and feedback to aid good performance
- Motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced
- Monitor and maintian maximum attendance levels. Address any attendance issues, as required
- Handle personnel issues with company policies and regulations in a timely manner
- Train manufacturing employees on machine operating procedures, SOP, proper documentation practice, sanitization procedures, workplace safety, etc.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Proven supervisory/management experience, team building and interpersonal skills in a manufacturing setting.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Physically fit, detail-oriented, a good team player, and willing to learn.
- Able to effectively manage conflict and maintain strong employee relations.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to take up additional duties and cross-train.
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Preferred working knowledge and/or training in:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Natural Health Product Regulations and Safety Requirement
- Operation Management, Business Engineering, Supply Chain
- ISO fundamentals
- Quality control and Production operations
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control for Production