Here is your opportunity to be an integral part of a BC based natural foods brand that is experiencing tremendous growth across North America. Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd. is a premium snack food company based in Surrey, BC. We produce all-natural potato and root vegetable chips under the Hardbite™ brand name. For more information on our company, please visit us on our Facebook page, Instagram (@hardbitechips), Twitter (@Hardbite), or Website (www.hardbitechips.com).
Due to our growth, we have an opening for an Operations Manager based out of our head office in Surrey, BC. We are looking for a resourceful and progressive Operations Manager who is seeking a significant challenge in a fast-paced food processing plant. You have the ability to create a vision and bring forth a systematic process to deliver break-through results in the areas of cost, quality, safety, productivity, efficiency, and morale. You measure your success by the success of the team you lead, company you work with, and the business partners you serve.
• Overall responsibility for the management of the facility: production, distribution, maintenance, inventory, shipping, and warehousing
• Oversee the operational budget; Cost of Goods: raw material, labour, burden, shipping, expense items, packaging, materials, and maintenance
• Recommend and implement programs to optimize work flow, accuracy, and productivity
• Communicates daily with customer service, sales, quality assurance, and production to ensure customer needs are met
• Provide leadership to the operations department; conveying company vision and strategies while assuring all departments are moving forward in the proper direction
• Lead (communicate effectively with) maintenance personnel to ensure on-going preventative maintenance schedule for all machinery and equipment, in addition to rapid response to machinery and equipment problems, as well as capital equipment expansion/commissioning projects.
• Review and optimize processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
• Ensure all regulatory requirements relating to the BC Employment Standards Act and WorkSafe BC are followed
• Write, review, and train on standard operating procedures
• Employ a continuous improvement mindset. Investigate existing systems and procedures and recommend improvements where necessary, resulting in a more efficient and cost-effective operation
• As part of our automation strategy, research, investigate, and introduce new or emerging technologies that can maximize efficiencies and productivity while maintaining quality standards
• Provide opportunities for the professional and personal development and growth of employees through performance planning
• Facilitates the growth of our positive employee culture
• Work as part of a team providing input for the development of company goals and objectives
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in operations management, food related sciences, or business
• Minimum of five years of management experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
• Strong analytical ability with a bias for making decision
• Commitment to high professional standards
• Ability to write and execute a strategic plan
• Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
• Ability to deal effectively with all levels of hourly and management personnel
• Willingness and proven ability to make decisions and hold people accountable for their performance
• Computer skills – Excellent MS Office Skills (One Drive, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
• Experience with an ERP implementation would be considered an asset
Naturally Homegrown Foods offers a competitive compensation package including a benefits package.
To apply to this exciting opportunity with Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., please e-mail your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Operations Manager 2018 04” in the subject line.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application Closing: 5:00p.m., Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time