Islands West Produce is a growing, locally operated wholesale produce company, supplying fresh and pre-cut fruits and vegetables to valued businesses on Vancouver Island and in the Lower Mainland. Based in Victoria BC, we pride ourselves as the leader in produce distribution, and in providing excellent customer service and quality products to our clients for more than 25 years.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and experienced Plant Controller who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a principal member of our senior management team, you will utilize your financial and business acumen to oversee our financial statement preparation and cost controls, and to achieve growth objectives with sound operational and financial plans. While reporting to the CFO of the FDP Group of Companies, the Plant Controller manages the IW Finance division.
This diverse role is ideal for a proactive, hands-on analytical leader. You and your team will work closely with the Operations management and front-line teams, formulating strategies to reduce manufacturing and distribution costs while maintaining quality finished product standards.
- Creating and executing finance strategies and procedures
- Providing accurate and current management accounting information to IW’s Management team
- Developing budget, forecasts, proformas, manufacturing cost analysis, and performance measures for the manufactured, processed products, and distribution products
- Preparing business cases on capital investments/expenditures including ROI calculations
- Working closely with the FDP Finance leadership team on cash flow and other reporting matters
- Managing and maintaining all aspects of the Accounting, HR, Administration, and IT areas
- Liaising with external auditors, creditors, and suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with specialization in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation or equivalent experience required
- 4-5 years related experience with at least two accounting cycles in the manufacturing environment
- Strong track record of financial management
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Office programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, working with teams at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated continuous learning and personal/professional development
A competitive compensation package that includes a base salary, benefits, and developmental opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you!
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: Apply@islandswest.com
Thank you for your interest in Islands West!
Islands West is a wholly owned subsidiary of the FDP Group of Companies.