Production Machine Operator (Full-Time)
The primary role of the Production Machine Operator position is the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and product testing. The Production Machine Operator is a member of the Vitalus team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve department goals, and provides support to other roles within the dairy operations as required. This position requires shift work (12 hour shifts), weekend and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation.
- Set up, operate, shut down and CIP plant equipment
- operation, and shut down dryer at end of production run.
- Operate and trouble-shoot the equipment in-order to complete daily targets.
- Complete required documentation. I.E. record production information on batch sheets
- Package and palletize finished product.
- Quality Control
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and regulatory requirements.
- Perform required in-process product testing and record test results
- Ensure samples for lab are taken and submitted
- Run cleaning and sanitation procedures (CIPs & COPs) on all equipment after production
- Safety & Environment
- Adhere to all safety practices and protocols related to job responsibilities and tasks including wearing all PPE when handling chemicals
- Act in accordance with company policies related to personal and group health and safety practices and procedures
- Continuous Improvement
- Engage in permanent and continuous learning by participating in on-job, internal and/or external training programs. Apply learnings to work environment and role.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Experience working with machinery, preferably within food processing/manufacturing;
- Able to understand and follow detailed instructions (solid English language skills);
- Able to lift 25kg several times a day;
- Have operated manual, power pallet jacks, and/or forklifts;
- Results oriented;
- Contributes to achieving team goals;
- Solid work ethic;
- Willing to work shift work;
- Someone with safe work record – you care about keeping yourself and co-workers safe;
- Able to work independently without ongoing directions.
- High school diploma and two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment related to food or a similar industry. Dryer operation and/or dairy plant experience an asset.
- Experience with HACCP or other quality systems an asset.
- Experience in operating manual and power pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow and give clear instructions.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Able to lift 25 kg (55 lbs.)
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database.
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/