EggSolutions- Vanderpols Inc is a company who values their employees. Located in the Fraser Valley, we are a family owned company proudly servicing local and international customers for more than 65+ years. This stability has not limited our ongoing growth and therefore has created numerous advancement opportunities for employees at all levels. We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, listen to our employees, communicate company information, and provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and also prepare them for career opportunities. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Vanderpol’s Eggs is looking for a Quality Assurance Associate to work from its Abbotsford facility. This position looks after an extremely important aspect of our operations and has been formalized to reflect HACCP and SQF guidelines. This position is part of a Quality team that ensures our company meets these guidelines. In particular, this position provides technical support for operations and manages document control activities for all HACCP and SQF.
Responsibilities and Duties
The quality assurance role includes:
- Evaluating, enhancing & measuring quality management systems
- Managing the positive release of products
- Conducting internal audits in accordance with internal audit schedules
- Identifying areas for improving processes related to HACCP and SQF certification & recommending solutions
The document control role involves:
- Technical writing of policies & procedures to facilitate compliance to regulatory, HACCP & SQF guidelines
- Creation of forms/log sheets to record critical data
- Management of document control system
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements.
- Diploma in Food Science/Biotechnology or equivalent plus 2-5 yrs experience OR a BSc in a science related area of study with up to 2 yrs experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practice, & Good Laboratory Practices
- Fluent in MS Office environment, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Experience with HACCP or SQF.
Preference will be given to applicants with direct experience in implementing SQF and/or HACCP or operating in a HACCP and/or SQF certified manufacturing facility.
Please send in a resume + cover letter with salary expectations listed and availability.