Title: Quality Control Technician
Terms of Employment: 6 months contract (position may become permanent employment)
Education: Food Science Degree / Diploma
Location: Burnaby, BC
Position Summary: The Quality Control Technologist reports to the Technical Services Manager, the QC Technologist is responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured and distributed are in accordance with internal, regulatory, and customer quality management systems. The QC Technician will be challenged to provide technical and scientific support on the manufacturing floor. QC Technician may be asked to support multiple projects concurrently.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes the following, but is not limited to those listed):
- Monitoring of production to ensure adherence to company quality standard
- Problem solving & trouble shooting of product quality issues
- Assist in investigating product quality, foreign matter, and food borne illness complaints
- Testing equipment standardization, maintenance, calibration and record keeping
- Review daily lot coding for all ingredients used for production and other related tasks to ensure product traceability.
- Documentation, record keeping and file maintenance
- Sensory evaluation of ingredients and finished products as necessary
- Assist in R&D projects as necessary
- Perform misc. tasks as required.
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
- B.Sc. or college diploma in Food Science or related fields Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding and application of experience of food science principals, production processes, statistics, sensory evaluation, and analytical techniques
- Knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisite Programs, and GMP’s
- Knowledge of CFIA regulations
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft
- Ability to work with other staff and management.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org