Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Training & Resource Development Specialist
Our goal is to make the Manufacturing industry a safer place to work and create a culture of safety wherein every worker safely returns home to his/her family each night. The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC (“the Alliance”) was established to reduce injuries in the industry. We serve a demographic of approximately 3000 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of health & safety specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard Program for the Manufacturing industry. We are a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day. The individual we seek for filling this role needs to share this same passion to achieve success. Our targets are unique but the results impact many.
The core function of the position is to develop health & safety training, tools, resources and deliver training programs to internal and external stakeholders. Working with health & safety advisors, other specialists and through research, develop appropriate programs, materials and activities that help support programs and health & safety systems development. Monitor and analyze these methods to determine the best type of training to facilitate employee and company success. Based on the findings, design and develop exercises, discussions and simulations to support the development of tools, products, training programs and resources to help employers build health & safety programs and systems. Preparing tools, study guides and manuals for employee training will be an integral function of the position.
Reporting to the OHS Manager, the Training & Resource Development Specialist uses skills and experience to support the Alliance staff members for the design, development and management of training resources. The individual will be experienced in curriculum development, training content and in delivering training to the Alliance’s staff, its engaged members and potential members.
This job is best suited for professionals who are passionate about training, have experience in developing curriculum, resources and tools and committed to reducing injury rates in the province by helping manufacturers strengthen their health and safety culture. Travel is required to support the Alliance’s growing member base in BC.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Develop OHS resources, training, program material and tools using training research methodology with effective testing techniques
- Work collaboratively with the Learning and Development Specialist in developing training material and content using instructional design
- Produce content consulting subject matter expertise and research in developing various health & safety programs and training curriculum for employers using various formats including online webinar
- Support the collection and compiling of OHS academic research
- Facilitate and deliver professional caliber training sessions to external and internal stakeholders, including safety orientation of new employees
- Collaborate with respective departments to develop tools and training resources needed to provide internal support system to the department
- Participate in external committees as required to support inclusion of best practices and current and evolving regulations
- Working with the OHS Manager, lead the implementation of new programs developed at the Alliance
- Support the OHS Manager in development and implementation of departmental processes
- Support the Safety Advisors in responding to clients’ requests for training resources
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in training and development, education, or instructional design preferred
- Health & Safety degree or diploma- required
- Technical and curriculum writing credentials - required
- 5-7 years’ experience in developing health & safety resource materials, training programs
- Public Speaking/Communications certification or equivalent with 5 years training delivery experience
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills with demonstrated competence in keeping the audience engaged
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access, Visio and graphics)
- Proficiency with CRM systems and Microsoft Project
- Ability to engage alternate viewpoints and make effective decisions
- Excellent communication skills; experience communicating and delivering presentations to all business levels, including executive management
An attractive competitive salary and benefits package will be provided to the candidate that retains the qualifications and experience to support a passionate team of OHS professionals who possess the education, experience and passion to achieve the mission of reducing injuries in the manufacturing sector of BC.
If you are driven by the mindset of making the impossible…possible, and aspire to belong to a dynamic, values-driven organization, kindly forward your resume to email@example.com